September 16, 2004

LET'S GO SOMEWHERE

I can't remember the last time we went on a vacation. Ever since my wife transferred to her new job, we've been stuck in the city. For one thing, she doesn't get any paid vacation leaves for her first year on the job. That means not only do we have to shell out money for the vacation, we're actually gonna lose more money because she doesn't get paid for the days she doesn't go to work. Another thing is, where do we go? Baguio? Boracay?

For the past couple of days or so, I notice that she's been dropping hints that we go somewhere. I know she wants to get physically far away from the office. Her boss, from what I gather, seems to be one big oaf who doesn't know jack about what he's supposed to be doing. She showed me his resume last night and frankly, I don't even know why he was interviewed for the job. But I'm pretty sure he'll get booted out one of these days. And when that happens, they're gonna look at my wife to take over. And if that happens, she'll get more stressed out and then we really have to go somewhere.

Hong Kong would be nice. I wonder when Disneyland is opening there? Australia. Now there's Fox Studios there. That would be interesting to visit. Bali, Phuket? Not with the recent bombing in Jakarta. Hay...

No comments: