September 10, 2007

EMAIL SIGNATURES

Everybody here using Microsoft Outlook raise your hand!

Okay. I'm sure you all know that there's a feature in Outlook that allows you to customize your emails with signatures. You know, that little snippet of text at the end of your email where you can add something like a quote, or your email business card. I'm sure, at one point or another, you've dabbled around with that feature. Or you've probably seen one from your officemate. I have my share of officemates who use that signature feature in Outlook. As far as I know, all of their signature suck.

Here's an example of a signature from some know-it-all jerk who thinks he's a hotshot:
"Da Mihi Animas, Caetera tolle." Now what in the hell does that mean? No, I'm not going to waste my bandwidth on translate.google.com trying to figure out what this means.

Another guy has this: "He who stops being better, stops being good." Oh-kay...

I've been thinking of using my own signature too. I want it to express sincerely how I feel right now. And right now, I'm seriously pondering on putting this into all of my emails:


Really. I don't anymore.

No comments: