October 04, 2004

MEETING HER FRIENDS

I celebrated Oktoberfest kickoff with my wife's friends. Finally, I'm putting faces behind the names, and what faces they have! My wife works for an anti-virus software company. Being one of the dotcoms left standing, they have a relatively young demographic, and they intend to keep it that way. For one thing, they have an unwritten rule of getting only people below 30. I guess they've proven that you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

Anyway, we all had a good time at
Tavern on the Square last Friday. Route 70 was playing. The band caters mostly to 70's and early 80's music. At first, we felt sort of out of place. But when they were soon playing a string of disco hits, aba, almost everybody in our table was up and dancing. It was good. Managed to drive back home after downing four Negra's and two 7&7's.

The following day, we went to the housewarming party of one of the guys we were out with the previous night. Want to have an idea of how good these guys are being paid? He just bought a house and lot in Cainta, a second hand Toyota MR2, and a Pajero. All within two years. Man, I want to transfer na!

It's nice to know that wifey seems to be having a good time with her officemates, inside and out of the office. I can't help but feel sorry for myself. I've been with my company for almost two years but I can't seem to make a connection with the folks there. It doesn't help that I spend more time with the suppliers than with them. Still, I miss having real friends among my officemates. Sometimes, I can spend all eight hours in the office without talking to anybody. Pathetic, isn't it. Hay...


On another front, my friends from ManilaTonight are ranting. I never attend our coffee eb's daw. To Sebyang, WrongWolf, Flirt_Lady, I'm so sorry. Promise, I'll attend this Friday's coffee meet. You know me naman, family first kaya I've been missing the eb. :-)

No comments: