January 26, 2005

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS SISIG?

After our face to face meeting (an office function) in Phoenix last week, I'm spending the week here in Sacramento. In Folsom, to be exact. Wow, this place is so different from Phoenix. While the days were crisp and sunny with a light cool wind in Arizona, it's freakin cold up here in Folsom. It's been nothing but downcast skies since I got here, and it's actually raining this afternoon. Brr.. so cold. I took out the garbage a while ago and I was freezing my balls off.


Anyway, why am I here anyway? Wala lang. Vacation lang. The last time I was here in the States was 2000 and I miss this place! I miss the shopping, the people, all the wide open spaces. And I don't want to go home anymore. I've been sending out resumes to companies here even before I left Manila. So far, two have come back with email inquiries. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it develops into something more than that... like a phone interview perhaps?

Anyway, my foster family here is the Ty's. Sunny is a friend from Intel. His wife is Abe, who's such a close "kumare" of my wife. Their precocious daughter is Anya, who's attending preschool here in Folsom. Anya's such an angel. She loves Lucky Me Pancit Canton, Toyomansi variant, and I've been making her that for her merienda every afternoon when she comes back from school.

Last weekend, we went to Lake Tahoe for some fun in the snow. I had my first snow slide. I have this plastic panel to take up with me on a walk up the hill. Then after mustering enough courage, you on this panel then let the brakes go. You slide down the hill at speeds of about 20 to 30 mph, and if you're lucky, you don't get carooming off the hill separately from your panel. Sayang, Sunny wasn't able to take a picture of me sliding down eh.


Sunny, Abe, and Anya enjoying a fine day at Lake Tahoe.


Anya, Abe, and Sisig enjoying a fine day at Lake Tahoe.

No comments: