November 12, 2004

Remembering My (Corporate) Past

My former
company made a big decision last night. The current CEO is stepping down to become the company's chairman (shouldn't that be a step up?) and the current president is moving forward as the new CEO. All this change is happening as the computing industry continues it's struggle to rebound from two years of a hard recession.

The first thought that came to my mind was, "Ha! Yari na kayo!" I have left the company almost two years ago but I still feel bitter. I can go on and on about how sorry I felt working for that company but I know it's not going to do me any good. In the end, I'll just feel depressed. Having moved to another company, I know I should feel lucky. I now have a job that pays a lot better; that gives me an opportunity to give solid contributions; that provides me a sense of satisfaction; and most of all, gives me more time to enjoy other things in life, such as time with my wife.

As I think about this announcement, I take time to think instead of the good things that happenend to me while I was in Intel. I was able to meet my wife. I was able to live and work in the States for a while. I learned a lot of skills that makes me so marketable today. I was able to meet some of my closest friends. Now I know it wasn't that bad after all. In fact, it was quite an adventure.

No comments: