March 03, 2008

EXPECTINGLY UNEXPECTED

We always get something bad on Mondays. It's almost like an unwritten law. It never fails. Whether it's a report that has to be handed in before lunchtime, or hot coffee spilling all over your lap in the drive-thru, it always happens on Monday. There's no point in trying to escape from it.

I got mine about an hour ago, and although I already know what it will mean for me in the next couple of months, it's only now that it's beginning to sink in. I'm thankful I still have some semblance of coherent thought in me to be able to talk about it in my blog.

So, as what I have been expecting for the past couple of weeks, my wife has finally told me that she's not yet ready to settle down in Switzerland. Not in a couple of weeks, at least; but I can safely surmise that I shouldn't be expecting her in the next half year. With so many things to take care of back in Manila, like selling some properties and tying some loose ends in our finances, it would be impossible for her to leave in a month's time when her residence permit arrives. And there's also the fact that right now, she's still happy with her job and couldn't think of a reason why she should leave it. Also, she hasn't received any good news yet on her job applications here in Switzerland. Well, she haven't really sent out a significant number of applications anyway, but that's another story.

So in a two-liner YM message, I was left hanging. I don't know whether I should feel happy or sad. Right now, I'm still numb. I'm hoping I won't get depressed, but I know it will come. What a crappy way to start the week.

No comments: