April 08, 2010

The Magnificent Bastard

Spring is definitely here, with its fickle sunshine mornings and afternoond showers. Pretty soon, it's gonig to be summer. Time to look great, whether it's for a Sunday barbeque or just lounging about around the company coffee machine.

I've been looking for an alternative to GQ for tips on how to dress up, and came up with The Magnificent Bastard. Unlike GQ, which mostly gives advice on how to look polished, I go for the "slightly stressed" look. The Magnificent Bastard has a term for this: artful dishevelment. Cool, huh? This look involves small details as rolling up your sleeves above the elbows, which I haven't done for a very long time. Seems I've been stuck in that era where you just roll up your sleeves somewhere between elbow and wrist.

Now that I've got the sleeve-rolling business settled, time to learn how to tie a Windsor. Any suggestions which websites to visit?

No comments: